SFPE Membership Brochure (English Version) (Spanish Version)
SFPE offers members the resources they need to excel in their careers, stay on top of the latest industry developments and research, and connect with the best minds in fire protection and fire safety engineering. Join SFPE and let us become your one-stop shop for your professional needs at every step of your career. Whether you’re just starting out as a student pursuing a degree in fire protection engineering or a related field, have a few years under your belt and are looking to advance your career, or are a seasoned professional looking for leadership opportunities and other ways to advance the profession, SFPE membership gives you the edge you need to take charge of your career and work toward our common goal of engineering a fire safe world.
Become an SFPE member today and start taking advantage of valuable benefits you won’t find anywhere else, including:
SFPE offers members a wide range of tools to help achieve and maintain their professional engineering license (PE). Whether it's webinars, seminars, online and on-site technical courses, or the timely topics and case studies in fire protection engineering that are shared at our conferences and expos, SFPE has what you need to keep your skills fresh and current.
As an SFPE member, you'll be the first to know about these opportunities. So watch your inbox or visit Education & Events.
12 Free PDHs a Year
SFPE membership includes 12 complimentary webinars offered monthly to give you timely insight and valuable guidance on a wide range of topics affecting the profession, as well as the ability to earn 1 PDH per webinar. Membership also grants you access to the archive of past webinar recordings, available on-demand to view on any device.
SFPE members cite networking opportunities as one of the most valuable benefits of membership. Collaborate with the best and brightest in the profession in-person at SFPE conferences, or online by joining a standing committee or participating in monthly webinars.
Each year, our conferences and events bring together engineering colleagues, clients, and vendors from across the globe. These events offer access to experts in the field in a setting that’s conducive to making strong connections with both old friends and new peers. Augment your local chapter affiliation with SFPE membership to build a peer network across the globe.
Technical & Professional Development
SFPE membership offers you unparalleled access to fire protection engineering resources you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll be able to gain immediate access to a comprehensive, constantly updated technical resource library including the following publications:
- SFPE’s flagship publication, Fire Protection Engineering magazine, is the only magazine written for and by fire protection engineers and is available exclusively to SFPE members. Published quarterly, Fire Protection Engineering is packed with up-to-date articles on the latest technologies and trends, and is available in both print and digital formats to enable you anytime access to the content.
- Digital access to our peer-reviewed digital bi-monthly journal, Fire Technology, keeps you abreast of the latest research developments. Discounts on the print version are also available to members.
- SFPE’s monthly member-only newsletter, SFPeUpdate, keeps you up to date on the latest SFPE news and information.
- SFPE’s other digital publications include SFPE Europe, a bi-annual newsletter produced by SFPE to highlight the practice of fire protection and fire safety engineering in Europe and to showcase current research being done in the field, and FPE Extra, which offers technical content written by industry experts.
SFPE's Career Connect is THE place to find fire protection engineering jobs, and it offers enhanced services for SFPE members. As an SFPE member, you’ll receive access to exclusive career development resources, including resume critique services, interview tips and access to career coaches who can answer questions about your job search and give you the competitive edge you need to land your next opportunity. You’ll also be able to create customized job alerts and post your resume anonymously so recruiters can find you.
Whether you're a job seeker at the outset of your career, an experienced engineering exploring new horizons or an employer seeking the right addition to your staff, SFPE Career Connect puts a wide range of resources at your fingertips.
Exclusive Member Discounts
In addition to exclusive access to educational resources, technical publications and other member-only benefits, SFPE membership offers valuable discounts on the following:
- 20% discount on all SFPE publications
- 75% discount ($299, list price $1,199) on the SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering, Fifth Edition
- Up to 25% off SFPE conferences and continuing education programs
SFPE membership can pay for itself with these discounts and great programs that save you money while keeping you at the top of your profession.
Join online now and start taking advantage of these great benefits today!
If you have any questions about membership, please contact Julie A. Gordon, CMP at (301) 915-9721 or email@example.com. All completed forms can also be sent to Julie A. Gordon via email or to HQ.