What is the Alliance of Young Engineers?
Like Us on Facebook
Join Our LinkedIn Group
The SFPE Alliance of Young Engineers is a community of SFPE members, affiliates, associates, and allied professionals, under 35 years of age, who share an interest in fire protection engineering, networking with their peers and who wish to advance their professional development.
1. Establish a community of peers that fosters networking and interaction of SFPE’s younger membership.
2. Provide guidance to members who are considered to be early in their career or considering careers in fire protection engineering.
3. Develop continuing education opportunities that are relevant to and geared toward the younger generation of engineers’ learning style.
How Can I Become Involved?
The Young Engineers Steering Committee serves as the advisory council for the Alliance of Young Engineers. Young Engineers Task Groups are working groups in support of the goals of the Alliance of Young Engineers. We are currently soliciting applicants to our tiered mentoring program for both mentor and mentee. Click here to apply.
Click here for more information on the mentoring program
Young Engineers Steering Committee
The Young Engineers Steering Committee oversees targeted opportunities for SFPE members under the age of 35 in line with the overall mission, goals, and activities of the Society. The twelve-member committee is made up of members under the age of 35.
Young Engineers Task Groups
Young Engineers Task Groups are working groups in support of the goals of the Alliance of Young Engineers – Community, Career Development, and Continuing Education. They are open to members under of the age of 35 interested in planning and administering the activities of the Alliance.
- Monthly conference calls to coordinate the efforts of establishing the Alliance of Young Engineers and it’s activities
Community Task Group
- Reaching out to chapters for coordination of local young engineer activities and involvement in SFPE
- Planning young engineers’ activities for the NFPA and SFPE conferences
- Moderating and generating content for AYE's social media presence
Career Development Task Group
- Reaching out to student chapters this fall, providing resources to students and a valuable link to our future membership base
- Overseeing the mentoring program
Continuing Education Task Group
- Developing a monthly webinar series awarding CEUs that will launch later this year
Jonathan Levin, steering committee chair
, 781-891-0230, ext. 37189
Sean Kelleher, staff contact