If you have a group of individuals interested in any of our programs, the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) will contract with interested parties to offer seminars at your location. The seminar will consist of the same materials and instructors as if the program were being offered for general registration by the Society. The participants will not notice any difference between a contract seminar and a general registration seminar other than the convenience of the location you provide.
The Society will provide and schedule instructors for the program and an original copy of the participant manual. In addition, the Society will award Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
- Arrange and schedule the classroom location, food and beverage and audio visuals.
- Reproduce the participant manual
- Provide copies of other published material required for the seminar (e.g., Principles of Smoke Management, NFPA Codes or Standards)
- Handle all seminar registration
- Reimburse the Society for all instructor(s) costs (honorarium and actual expenses), along with the SFPE program fee.
In addition to providing a quality seminar for the attendees, your will also receive the following benefits.
- The ability to hold a seminar at a convenient time and location
- SFPE Chapters can raise money for other activities such as scholarship funds
- You establish the registration fee and can offer reduced or gratis registration to code officials in your area
- The number of SFPE members in your area will increase
- No travel expenses
- You will become recognized as a resource for education and technical assistance
Seminars Available to Contract
- Advanced Fire Alarm Systems Design (Two or Four Day Option)
- Session I: Applying the Prinicipals of Performance-Based Design (Two-Day Seminar)
- Session II: Computational Methods for Fire Alarm System Design (Two-Day Seminar)
- Application of Fire Risk Assessment (Two-Day Seminar)
- Beyond Cause & Origin: Engineering Analysis of Building Fire (Two-Day Seminar)
- Dust Explosion: Hazard Recognition, Assessment and Management (Two-Day Seminar)
- Emergency Communications Systems, Design and Use (Two-Day Seminar)
- Engineering Human Response in Fire: Principles, Models and Applications (Two-Day Seminar)
- Evacuation for Fire Safety Engineering (Two-Day Seminar)
- Fire Dynamics Simulator and Smokeview
- Introduction to Fire Dynamics Simulator and Smokeview (Two and 1/2 Day Seminar)
- Advanced Fire Dynamics Simulator and Smokeview (Two and 1/2 Day Seminar)
- Use of Quantitative Tools for Analysis of Fire Dynamics (Two-Day Seminar)
- How to Study for the FPE/PE Exam (One-Day Seminar)
- Introduction to Fire Risk Assessment (Two-Day Seminar)
- Introduction to Industrial Fire Protection Engineering (Two-Day Seminar)
- Introduction to Structural Fire Protection Engineering (One-Day Seminar)
- Performance-Based Design and the Codes (One-Day Seminar)
- Principles of Fire Protection Engineering (Two or Four Day Option)
- Protection of Storage Occupancies - NFPA 13 (One-Day Seminar)
- Smoke Control
- Session I: Fundamentals & Pressurization Systems (One-Day Seminar)
- Session II: Design Fires, Atrium Control and Tenability Systems (One-Day Seminar)
- Session III: CONTAM Analysis of Pressurization Systems (One-Day Seminar)
- Speech Intelligibility for Emergency Communications Systems (One-Day Seminar)
- Sprinkler Design for Engineers (Two or Four Day Option)
- The Code Official’s Guide to Performance-Based Design Review (Four-Day Seminar)
For more information, contact Melissa Franco at (301) 718-2910 ext. 104 or email@example.com.