In 2016, SFPE rebranded Emerging Trends to FPE Extra. FPE Extra is a monthly enewsletter available to anyone interested in fire protection engineering, fire safety engineering and allied fields. The opinions and positions stated in FPE Extra are the authors’ and do not necessarily reflect those of SFPE.
- Issue 1, January 2016: Research Leads to Important Changes to NFPA 13
- Issue 2, February 2016: Human Perceptions of Exit Signs During Building Evacuations
- Issue 3, March 2016: The Fire Navigator: Forecasting the spread of building fires on the basis of sensor data
- Issue 4, April 2016: The Design Fire: Selecting Fire Characteristics for a CFD Model
- Issue 5, May 2016: The Importance of Exterior Wall Fire Testing and Certification for Fire Protection
- Issue 6, June 2016: Fundamental Corrosion Control Strategies for Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Issue 7, July 2016: Tall Mass Wood Buildings in the US—What’s Happening?
- Issue 8, August 2016: PE Exam Evolution: Transitioning the Fire Protection Engineering Principles and Practice of Engineering Exam to Computer-based Testing
- Issue 9, September 2016: Up on the Roof...Fire Safety
- Issue 10, October 2016: Towards Faster Wildland Fire-Spread Model
Editorial Advisory Board
Carl F. Baldassarra, P.E., FSFPE
Wiss, Janney, Elsnter Associates, Inc.
Don Bathurst, FSFPE
Russell P. Fleming, P.E. FSFPE
International Fire Sprinkler Association
Gavin Horn, Ph.D.
Illinois Fire Service Institute
William E. Koffel, P.E., FSFPE
Koffel Associates, Inc.
R. Thomas Long, Jr., P.E.
Maria B. Marks, CFPS, SET
Siemens, Building Technologies Division
Kurt Ruchala P.E., FSFPE
Warren G. Stocker, Jr., FSFPE
FPE Extra Staff
Chris Jelenewicz, P.E., FSFPE
410.316.9855 or email@example.com
Subscribe to FPE Extra
To subscribe to FPE Extra, sign up here.