News & Publications
SFPE's mission is to define, develop, and advance the use of engineering best practices; expand the scientific and technical knowledge base; and educate the global fire safety community, in order to reduce fire risk. In support of that mission, SFPE produces a number of resources highlighting the latest research in field, showcasing the technical expertise of its members and offering insights geared towards advancing the practice of fire protection engineering and fire safety engineering.
- Fire Protection Engineering is the official magazine of SFPE.
- Fire Technology is the international, peer-reviewed quarterly journal of SFPE and National Fire Protection Association.
- Journal of Fire Protection Engineering was SFPE's official journal from 1989 to 2013. Archives of all online issues are available on the SAGE website; SFPE members can access all articles for free by logging in through the link in the Member Resources section.
- SFPE Europe is a digital magazine produced by SFPE designed to highlight the practice of fire protection engineering and fire safety engineering in Europe and to showcase current research being done in the field.
- The SFPE Blog highlights the latest SFPE updates and resources.
- SFPE newsletters include SFPeUpdate, Chapter News and FPE Extra (previously called Emerging Trends).
Visit the SFPE News Room to view the news release archive, see SFPE highlighted in the news, and read the latest SFPE news.