SFPE is currently seeking applicants to serve in the following leadership positions
on its Board of Directors beginning in 2021 as well as its 2021 Nominating Committee.
- President-Elect (1)
- Secretary-Treasurer (1)
- Directors (4)
- Nominating Committee Members (3)
Desired Qualifications of Board Members (from SFPE Standing Rules)
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with SFPE and the profession (e.g. service on an SFPE Committee, chapter leadership position).
- Recognition as a leader in the fire protection community (e.g. executive positions in organizations and companies, engagement with other allied societies or organizations, outstanding service on a fire safety technical committee).
- Relevant experience in organizational management (e.g. service on other Boards, experience in strategic planning, operations, branding, fundraising, finance, global operations, and strategic alliances).
- SFPE values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, geography, professional level, industry type, organizational size, etc.
- Commitment to participate in up to three face-to-face meetings, one of which will be outside of the U.S., and up to 8 virtual meetings per year. Terms of service are for three years and begin on January 1.
- Positive leadership attributes, and ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed.
- Visionary and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence (e.g. incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking, and an entrepreneurial spirit).
Desired Qualifications of Nominating Committee Members (from SFPE Standing Rules)
- SFPE membership grade status of Professional Member or Fellow.
- Demonstrated commitment to and involvement with the Society (e.g. Fellows, Past Presidents, Past Committee Chairs, tenure on Standing Committees).
- Sufficient experience and skill to competently evaluate new Board candidates consistent with the qualifications established by the Board and expressed in the Standing Rules.
- A keen understanding of SFPE’s vision, objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge and awareness of SFPE members that could be recruited as nominees for the Board.
- Commitment to participate in up to one face-to-face meeting, and up to three virtual meetings per year. Terms of service are for one year and begin on January 1.
- Ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion as needed.
Individuals interested in serving on the Board of Directors beginning in January 2021 must complete and submit the Board of Directors Nomination Form with a color head shot photo to
be included on the ballot, if selected as a candidate.
Those interested in serving on the 2021 Nominating Committee must complete and submit the Nominating Committee Application Form with a color head shot photo to be included on the
ballot, if selected as a candidate.
Board Director and Nominating Committee forms must be sent to Maxine Katz at email@example.com no later than May 19, 2020. They will be sent to the 2020 Nominating Committee for
review and their selections will be put on the ballot this fall.