SFPE periodically offers Perspective Series webinars which are sponsored and presented by industry partners. Perspective Series webinars are available to anyone interested; SFPE members can earn PDHs for participating. Please check back frequently to view upcoming Perspective Series webinars, or sign up to receive email notifications as new events are added.
Interested in sponsoring a Perspective Series webinar? Please contact Brian Marks, Media and Event Sales, at 410.316.9855 or email@example.com.
Earn Continuing Education
Professional Development Hours (PDHs) are only granted to SFPE members who attend the live webinar and are logged in for 50 minutes longer.
Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:00 am Eastern Time (-05:00 GMT)
Integrated System Testing – What a Fire Protection Engineer Needs to Know
Presented by Shawn Mahoney, Engineer, Technical Services Division, NFPA, and Jacqueline Wilmot, Fire Protection Engineer, NFPA
Learn how Fire Protection Engineers can either benefit from or be burned by the new requirements in the 2018 building, fire, and life safety codes that now require Integrated System Testing. Fire Protection Engineers are diligent in helping to ensure that the design of building systems will meet the intended fire protection and life safety goal. The value of these systems is greatly diminished if they are not tested to confirm the "handshake" between them. This webinar will provide an overview of NFPA 4, Standard for Integrated System Testing of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems, including its purpose and what Fire Protection Engineers need to know.
Key takeaways of the presentation:
- Identify the differences between commissioning, acceptance testing, and integrated system testing
- Understand the benefits of performing integrated system testing with NFPA 4
- Identify the major codes that include NFPA 4 as a referenced document
- Identify the various members of an integrated system testing team and their roles and responsibilities
- Recognize how Fire Protection Engineers fit into the integrated system testing process
- Summarize the test scenarios, testing frequencies, and documentation required by NFPA 4
Recordings of previous webinars are available here.