Constitution and Bylaws Mandate / Role
There shall be a Strategic Planning Committee of the Board of Directors chaired by the President Elect. The Strategic Planning committee shall assist the Board of Directors in fulfilling its responsibilities with respect to providing a strategic direction for the Society.
- On a triennial basis the strategic planning committee shall be responsible for leading a review and update to the SFPE Strategic Plan.
- Recommend to the Board annually, the three highest priority strategic goals, as embodied in the Strategic Plan that is current at the time, to focus on in the following two years. The intent of this activity is to suggest priorities, measures of success, and budgetary needs, relative to the achieving the goals of the Strategic Plan, recognizing that not all goals and objectives can or should be expected to be met in any one year.
- The basis of any recommendations will be the Objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established by the Board in the Strategic Plan that is current at the time, taking into account changes in society, finances, the profession, and related issues that develop. The SPC will also provide input on quantitative (measurable) targets associated with the recommended areas of focus. Such information will be helpful to the Board in developing decisions on budgets and related issues for ensuing years.
- The SPC will provide to the Board by the end of March each year an initial set of three Strategic Goals to focus on in the following two years. An initial set of potential metrics will be provided at this time as well. No later than the end of August in each year, the SPC will provide to the Board a recommended set of three Strategic Goals, Objectives, and Measures of Success, for Board deliberation and inclusion, as they see fit, in budgeting and related decisions for the following year.
- Brian Meacham, President Elect
- W.K. Chow
- Bob Libby
- Bernie Till
- Nicole Boston, SFPE CEO, ex-officio member and non-voting member
2018 Planned Meetings
- Quarterly discussions, by conference call, web-based virtual meeting platform, email, or in person, as necessary and appropriate.
- One such meeting will be held immediately prior to each face-to-face BOD Meeting.
- At one face-to-face Board meeting per year, as designated by the President, the SPC will lead a discussion on suggested priorities for the following two years, to assist the Board in decisions on budgets and related issues. This will typically be in the fall.