The Women in Engineering Special Interest Group (SIG) is a network to support all the women in fire engineering and fire sciences. Women in technical fields have often been underrepresented. Although the numbers are increasing, this group will celebrate the women who are in the fire protection engineering industry and inspire women around the globe to pursue their career aspirations in engineering and science. It will also provide a unique networking opportunity for women in the profession to talk to one another and discuss issues of importance to them.
The SIG has an online collaboration space to discuss issues related to Women in Engineering. The online community can help to connect, support and engage individuals. Participants in this group can help to determine topics of interest that can be incorporated into webinars and/or conference sessions. SFPE works to:
- Provide networking means for women in SFPE to be resources to each other
- Increase visibility of women in SFPE and within the fire protection industry
- Develop and deliver resources for women in fire protection engineering
There will be annual recognition of women in fire protection engineering through two receptions each year. The first will coincide with either the SFPE European conference or the SFPE Performance-Based Design conference as they are in alternating years. The second will be in conjunction with the SFPE Annual Conference. These receptions will be underwritten by corporate sponsors to the Women in Engineering program and will include one complimentary registration to each conference.
Sponsorship for this program is $10,000 annually and includes:
- Recognition on the Women in Engineering web page on the SFPE website.
- Recognition as a program sponsor at both receptions (signage and materials at the reception).
- One complimentary registration (ideally for a woman, at each of the two conferences).
- Recognition in the online collaboration area (logo) as a sponsor.
If interested in joining contact Melissa McElroy-Turpin. If you need more information, please contact Victoria Valentine.
Diversity and inclusion are important to SFPE as well as many of our ally companies and organizations. Join us in celebrating Fire Protection Engineering’s Women!