Meet the New 2018 Board of Directors
Monday, January 8, 2018
GAITHERSBURG, Maryland, January 8, 2018 — The Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) has announced its 2018 board of directors, comprising 14 executives from the fire protection engineering industry who represent a cross-section of its member companies.
The SFPE board of directors is responsible for maintaining the organization’s commitment to defining, developing and advancing the use of engineering best practices; expanding the scientific and technical knowledge base; and educating the global fire safety community to reduce fire risk.
“SFPE’s board members accurately reflect our global membership including some of the world’s leading practicing fire protection engineers within the fields of engineering, research, testing and education,” says JC Harrington, PE, FSFPE, staff vice president, FM Global, and 2018 president of SFPE. “The board will continue to advance fire protection practices and principles that allow our members to solve real-world problems related to ensuring the protection of life, property and the environment.”
The 2018 board of directors includes these members.
Officers and Executive Committee
- President — John “JC” Harrington, PE, FSFPE, staff vice president, FM Global
- President-Elect — Brian J. Meacham, PhD, PE, CEng., FIFireE, FSFPE, managing principal, Meacham Associates
- Secretary-Treasurer — Jack Poole, PE, FSFPE, principal, Poole Fire Protection
- Immediate Past President — Paul E. Rivers, PE, FSFPE, senior fire protection specialist, 3M Company
- Ex-Officio — Nicole Boston, CAE, chief executive officer, SFPE
- John D. Campbell, PE, PEng., CFPS, FIFireE, executive vice president-engineering, Global Fire Protection Group
- W.K. Chow, PhD, FSFPE, chair, professor of architectural science and fire engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Michael A. Crowley, PE, FSFPE, vice president, JENSEN HUGHES
- John Ivison, PEng., FSFPE, principal, John Ivison and Associates, Ltd.
- Amanda Kimball, PE, senior project manager, Fire Protection Research Foundation
- Bob Libby, PE, FSFPE, vice president, principal, Coffman Engineers
- Armelle Muller, director, CNPP Entreprise – Fire Laboratory, France
- Bernie Till, Jr., FSFPE, owner, Bernie Till & Associates
- Beth Tubbs, PE, FSFPE, senior staff engineer, codes and standards development, International Code Council
Harrington is looking forward to working with SFPE’s globally diverse board to make 2018 a productive year for the society’s continued growth, he said. “There will be three major conferences this year for the first time in recent years, with SFPE traveling to Europe, the Pacific Rim and the USA. We will also be launching our newly updated three-year Strategic Plan, as well as our new Chapter Model Structure.”
Established in 1950, the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) is the global professional society representing those practicing in the field of fire protection engineering. SFPE has over 4,600 members, 73 regional and local chapters, and 16 student chapters worldwide. SFPE advances the science and practice of fire protection engineering and its allied fields, maintains a high ethical standard among its members, and fosters fire protection engineering education. SFPE supports the development of the annual Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensing exam in fire protection and the grading of those exams under the auspices of the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). Learn more at www.sfpe.org.