Fire Protection and Safety Starts with You!
Want to be part of a dynamic team supporting SFPE in its mission to define, develop, and advance the use of engineering best practices, expand the scientific and technical knowledge base, and educate the global fire safety community to reduce fire risk?
Onsite | Full-time
Get to Know Us
- Recruiting process
- Our recruiting process is typically conducted virtually
- First, you’ll meet with our HR Consultant by phone to discuss your skills and experience and learn more about the position and SFPE
- Next, you’ll meet with the hiring manager via Zoom for a deeper conversation about the position and the knowledge and abilities you would bring to SFPE
- For some positions, there may be an interview to meet other managers and potential colleagues
- An offer is made to the final candidate, but the process doesn’t end here
- We offer a robust onboarding program to help new hires gain the knowledge they need to make an immediate impact—you’ll meet with colleagues to learn everything from setting up your email signature to SFPE’s strategy
- Work-life and culture
- SFPE is a mission-oriented organization with a team of highly-engaged subject matter experts in their areas working together to promote fire protection and safety
- Our members are great to work with and engaged in their profession
- We offer both fully remote and hybrid positions
- No day is ever the same, and there are opportunities to learn daily
- We are growing and adding new positions annually to our small group of connected team members
- SFPE has a strong commitment to DE&I
- SFPE’s leadership is committed to transparency in communication
SFPE offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package that adds between 20 and 40 percent to the compensation package.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (SFPE pays 80% of premiums for employees and dependents)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funding 100% of the employee’s deductible and all or part of the dependents’ deductible
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance (SFPE pays 100% of premiums)
- 401(k) plan (SFPE contributes 6% of income; employees eligible after 6 months of service)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program starting with 20 days of PTO
- Eleven paid holidays
- Free parking
- Employees working with the SFPE Foundation may be eligible to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
We hope you will want to learn more about working at SFPE and joining our diverse team. For more information, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.