The leaders in engineering a fire safe world.
To define, develop, and advance the use of engineering best practices; expand the scientific and technical knowledge base; and educate the global fire safety community, to reduce fire risk.
Goals & Initiatives
Goal 1 - Advocate for the profession
Represent and advance the interests of professionals who apply engineering principles to the challenges of fire.
- Facilitate the awareness, adoption and use of core competencies.
- Raise awareness of the value of engineering fire safety globally.
- Support higher education that advances the application of engineering principles to address the challenges of fire.
Goal 2 - Inclusive Environment
Foster a professional environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Facilitate expansion of the profession and our membership in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Expand global engagement at all levels and in all activities.
Goal 3 - Professional Practice
Advance the competency and promote the ethical practice of professionals who apply engineering principles to the challenges of fire.
- Strengthen core competencies and ethical practice.
- Facilitate continuing education for engineering practitioners at all stages of their careers.
Goal 4 - Technical Leadership
Advance research and the use of engineering principles to address the challenges of fire.
- Expand technical documents that advance engineering solutions to the challenges of fire.
- Expand the adoption and integration of SFPE technical documents in everyday practice.
- Develop and lead the research agenda for the profession.