The Society has 27 student chapters internationally that work to advance the mission of the Society on a local level. Many of the SFPE chapters offer scholarships to aid in fire protection engineering education in their communities. Students participate in a wide range of programs and activities that enhance their college experience and prepare them for successful careers. Moreover, these chapters provide fire protection students with the opportunity to network with other students, develop leadership skills, promote the profession on campus and explore career development opportunities.
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California, USA
- Carleton University Student Chapter, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Coimbra University Student Chapter, Portugal (inactive)
- Eastern Canada Student Chapter, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Eastern Kentucky University Student Chapter, Richmond, Kentucky, USA
- Greater London Student Chapter, UK
- IMFSE Student Chapter, Belgium
- Hong Kong Student Chapter, Hong Kong
- Kyungmin University Student Chapter, Korea
- Main School of Fire Service Student Chapter, Poland (inactive)
- Missouri S&T Student Chapter, Missouri, USA
- National Fire Service College Student Chapter, Nagpur, India
- Oklahoma State University Student Chapter, Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
- The University of Canterbury Student Chapter, Christchurch, New Zealand
- The University of Edinburgh Student Chapter, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- The University of Maryland Student Chapter, College Park, Maryland, USA
- The University of New Haven Student Chapter, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte Student Chapter, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
- The University of Queensland Student Chapter, Queensland, Australia
- The University of Texas at Austin Student Chapter, Austin, Texas, USA
- Universitas Negeri Jakarta Student Chapter, Indonesia
- Universitas Indonesia Student Chapter, Indonesia
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Student Chapter, Malaysia
- Virginia Tech Student Chapter, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute Student Chapter, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
- Hefei Student Chapter (University of Science & Technology of China), Hefei, China
- Shanghai Student Chapter (Tonji University), Shanghai, China
- Taiwan Student Chapter (Chang Jung Christian University), Taiwan
- Stellenbosch University Student Chapter, South Africa
Get Involved at your College or University!
If you don't see a student chapter at your academic institution and are interested in starting one or would like to lead an inactive chapter, you can do so in 3 easy steps:
1. Recruit at least 5 students and join SFPE as members (free of charge) and form a leadership team.
2. Select a faculty or staff advisor (must be SFPE member) from your college/university to support your group.
3. Communicate with Chapter Engagement Manager to obtain required documents.