Continuing Education | Career Enhancement | Technical Content Professional Development Hours | Research | Discounts
Becoming an individual member is the first step to SFPE membership and is the Society’s most popular membership level. Individual membership includes any person who supports the goals and objectives of the Society, regardless of educational and professional background.
Membership starts immediately upon completing the online membership application and submission of $225 USD (less than $20 per month!) in annual dues.
- Lowest cost continuing education and free PDHs, saving time and money. Examples topics include smoke management, code requirements for elevator fire protection, industrial fire protection, design and planning of water supplies, sprinkler design, dust explosions and more.
- Cutting-edge technical innovations, trends, and resources to be the best. These include FPE Magazine, the Fire Technology Journal, Fire Protection Engineering Compensation & Benefits Report, and more.
- Connections and networking that count, providing high impact professional opportunities to network, meet new people, learn and share including online discussion forums, virtual committees and special interest groups, and more.
- Knowledge-sharing to discuss and solve real time challenges and opportunities vis-à-vis SFPE Connect Online, committees and working groups, webinars and virtual seminars, and events and symposia.
- Discounts on publications, educational programs, and conferences that matter, requiring minimal investment but a high return such as SFPE’s Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering.
*If you were previously a student member then inquire into our new graduate membership, allowing you to pay $75 per year in membership dues for your first three years after graduation.
*If you have completed a four-year degree in engineering and a minimum of four years of practice indicative of growth in engineering competency and achievement (or a graduate degree in engineering with three years of practice), then you should immediately apply for Professional Membership (PMSFPE) here. The SFPE Qualifications Committee reviews applications on a quarterly basis, so you will enjoy the benefits of Individual Membership until approved.