Continuing Education | Career Enhancement | Technical Content Professional Development Hours | Research | Discounts
Becoming an individual member is the first step to SFPE membership and is the Society’s most popular membership level. Individual membership includes any person who supports the goals and objectives of the Society, regardless of educational and professional background.
Membership starts immediately upon completing the online membership application and submission of $229 USD (less than $20 per month!) in annual dues.
- Lowest cost continuing education and free PDHs, saving time and money. Examples topics include smoke management, code requirements for elevator fire protection, industrial fire protection, design and planning of water supplies, sprinkler design, dust explosions and more.
- Cutting-edge technical innovations, trends, and resources to be the best. These include FPE Magazine, the Fire Technology Journal, and more.
- Connections and networking that count, providing high impact professional opportunities to network, meet new people, learn and share including online discussion forums, virtual committees and special interest groups, and more.
- Knowledge-sharing to discuss and solve real time challenges and opportunities vis-à-vis SFPE Connect Online, committees and working groups, webinars and virtual seminars, and events and symposia.
- Discounts on publications, educational programs, and conferences that matter, requiring minimal investment but a high return such as the Fire Protection Engineering Compensation & Benefits Report, and SFPE’s Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering.
*Please inquire about our new recent graduate membership, allowing you to pay $114.50 per year in membership dues for your first three years after graduation.