Your safety and well being are a top priority for SFPE. We are closely monitoring all coronavirus related safety information to ensure you are protected when involved in SFPE activities. We are acting in accordance with WHO guidelines and government policies in countries where our conferences and courses are held and wherever our people are working and we urge our attendees and members to refer to the guidelines and protocols as well.
As of now, the following events will run as scheduled:
As of now, the following events have been postponed:
The following events have been cancelled:
- SFPE Professional Development Seminar: Sprinkler Design for Engineers
- SFPE Professional Development Seminar: Fire Dynamic Simulator and Smokeview
As efforts to control the COVID-19 outbreak carry on, we will continue to monitor the situation and will act upon any new guidance provided by local authorities and government agencies as they develop. There is currently no vaccine to prevent novel coronavirus infection; the best way to prevent infection is to avoid exposure to this virus. Per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the following is advised to prevent the spread of viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.