The work of the Society is largely done by the following six standing committees and their respective subcommittees.
Each committee is led by a committee chair, or co-chairs, and has a staff liaison assigned to it. To join a standing committee, or subcommittee, fill out and submit this volunteer application. The Board of Directors will review applications and make appointments on a rolling basis.
Approved committee members can access their committee's group pages through the member only section of the SFPE website.To access, click “Sign In” on the top right of the site and select “Manage Profile.” This will take you to the SFPE FORUM where you should select "Groups" from the top navigation bar. You will then see a list of the groups you are a member of and can select one to access.
On January 9, 2019 the SFPE Committee Operations Manual was adopted.
- Course Content and Delivery
- Content Development Teams (CDTs)
- Conferences, Workshops, and Symposia
- Emerging Professionals of SFPE (EPS)
- PE Exam Review Preparation
- Chapter Relations
- Membership Growth and Engagement
- Public Policy
- Residential Fire and Life Safety
- Strategic Alliances
- Women in Engineering
- Fire Service
- Student Outreach
- Higher Education
- PE Exam Development
- Professional Competency and Credentialing
- Professional Ethics and Standard of Conduct
- Codes and Standards Liaison
- Guidelines Committee on Human Behavior in Fires
- Handbook Development
- Research and Innovation
- Standards Committee on Calculating Fire Exposure to Structures
- Standards Committee on Design Fire Scenarios
- Standards and Guidelines Development
- Standards Committee on Performance-Based Design
- Fire Safety for Very Tall Buildings
- Peer Review
- Standards Oversight