SFPE is excited to host you during our in-person event for the 2021 Annual Conference & Expo and is committed to providing a safe environment at the annual meeting for attendees, exhibitors, guests, spouses and staff. Our planning team is closely monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and will update this page as needed.
SFPE is committed to the health and safety of our conference attendees. Because of this unwavering commitment to protecting and preserving public health, every individual who takes part in the SFPE Annual Conference & Expo will be required to provide verification they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide verification they obtained a negative COVID-19 test result within 72-hours of arriving at registration to pick up their badge. This requirement includes attendance for pre- and post-conference activities such as the board and committee meetings, the Annual Business Meeting, Chapter Leadership Forum, and seminars.
To ensure this is easy and convenient for our attendees, SFPE will accept verification onsite via the CLEAR app (preferred method), a physical or photocopy of a card, receipt, or test result. We will accept antigen or PCR test results. We will also have OTC kits available onsite if needed.
SFPE will not grant access to the events if you are unwilling to comply with the requirement at the time of registration. There will be NO exceptions. If you are unable or unwilling to meet the requirements, you may request a full refund in writing by October 1, sent to Maxine Katz at email@example.com.
SFPE will also follow local authority mandates regarding masking protocols. Currently, per local Baltimore City executive order, masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status. We will continue to watch these mandates and update as needed.
International attendees should be aware of restrictions placed on your country of origin for those traveling from overseas, as travelers from some countries are required to quarantine for two weeks.
Additionally, we have designed the event with your safety and health in mind. The Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel is certified in cleaning and disinfection by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council. Click here for Marriott’s Commitment to Clean. Other considerations, include:
Hand sanitizing stations
- Socially distanced seating
- Complimentary SFPE masks
- Function room cleaning between sessions
- Digital-only program via mobile app to limit touchpoints
- Other measures as advised or required
Attendees should closely monitor all travel alerts issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Attendees are encouraged to monitor the CDC website for additional information and review and follow the WHO’s Travel Advice and its recommendations for protecting themselves from infection.
- Attendees should check their airlines for specific cancellation/refund policies. SFPE will not be responsible for any airline cancellation or change fees should you be unable to attend for any reason.
- All attendees should check themselves for symptoms before starting travel and separate themselves from others if symptoms arise during the event.
We are eager to host you in person for our Annual Conference & Expo and are committed to doing so safely. We will keep you informed about our plans to ensure you feel welcome joining us with clear expectations for your 2021 Annual Conference & Expo experience.
SFPE's Health and Safety Plan FAQs