Position Title: Student Intern (2)
Reports to: Chief Engineer & Director, Professional Development
Compensation: USD 20/hour
SFPE has openings for two (2) student interns to assist and support the Society in delivering global engineering activities. As an SFPE Student Intern, each student will focus on one of the following two areas:
Student Intern Position 1
Contribute to the development of technical and engineering products including the SFPE Handbook, Fire Protection Magazine, SFPE Engineering Guides & Standards, and model codes/standards related activities.
- Technical Documents – Assist with the development of SFPE technical documents. This includes performing literature searches, performing calculations, and reviewing documents for technical standards and guides committees.
- Codes and Standards – Assist SFPE’s Subcommittee on Codes and Standards Liaisons by documenting where SFPE standards & guides are referenced in global fire protection standards.
- Publications – Assist in fact checking articles for Fire Protection Engineering magazine, FPE Extra, and SFPE Europe.
Student Intern Position 2
Contribute to the development of SFPE’s educational courses including offerings and related activities.
- Course Content Development – Assist with auditing existing course materials, evaluating and selecting presentations for SFPE conferences and webinars, reviewing course assignments and projects, and developing a highly qualified instructor pool.
- Currently enrolled as a student seeking a BS or MS degree in Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Safety Engineering or Fire Engineering.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; able to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Ability to work well in a small, high-energy organization; a team player willing to take on new challenges with demonstrated ability to partner with staff and member volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Apps for business.
- Proficiency in Computer-Based Fire and Human Behavior Models is a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Chris Jelenewicz at email@example.com.