We seek industry, academic, government, non-profit, and other partners to invest in the Grand Challenges Initiative, a multi-year research and educational collaboration, to help define the future of fire engineering. Together, we’ll benefit from peer-to-peer learning and collaboration that will leverage our collective knowledge and strengths, propelling us forward in a more efficient, expedient way than any of us could manage alone.
Join us as a Grand Challenge Initiative Founding Partner!
GCI Founding Partners benefit from:
- Public acknowledgement of their status as a Grand Challenges Initiative Founding Partner on the SFPE Foundation website, in the marketing materials for the 2022 Grand Challenges Summit, and in other published materials related to the Initiative, such as white papers.
- Priority in terms of opportunities to present or moderate at the 2022 Grand Challenges Summit.
- Priority in terms of opportunities to serve on the Working Groups developing the white papers.
- Early access to the white papers for use in your planning and programming.
- Invitations to attend exclusive follow-up meetings focused on collaboration and matchmaking related to implementing the strategic roadmap identified in the white papers.
We recognize that different entities will be able to contribute in different ways (see below for opportunities for academics and government agencies). To that end, we’ve developed the following options for joining the SFPE Foundation Grand Challenges Initiative as a GCI Founding Partner:
GCI Founding Partner (Industry, Corporations, Foundations, Individual Donors)
- Luminary Level – $15,000+
- Platinum Level – $10,000
- Gold Level – $5,000
- Silver Level – $2,500
GCI Founding Partner (Non-Profit or Not-for-Profit)
- Luminary – $10,000+
- Platinum – (rec’d based on annual operating budget >$3 million) – $5,000
- Gold Level – (rec’d based on annual operating budget $1-3 million) – $2,500
- Silver Level – (rec’d based on annual operating budget <$1 million) – $1,000
Note: If the joining fee is prohibitive for your organization and you would still like to participate in the initiative, please contact SFPE Foundation Director, Leslie Marshall (email@example.com), to discuss.
CLICK HERE to download the GCI Founding Partner Commitment Form and help us define the future of fire engineering. For detailed information about the initiative, download the Grand Challenges Initiative Concept Document.
Join us as an Academic or Government Agency GCI Founding Partner!
Academics are invited to join the Grand Challenges Initiative at the appropriate Department- or University-level at no cost. Please contact SFPE Foundation Director Leslie Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what is required. Individual academics are encouraged to participate as well at no cost. You may register to attend the Summit, volunteer on the Working Groups, or otherwise participate as an individual provided you have relevant expertise in a topic area.
Government agencies or government-affiliated entities are encouraged to participate in the Grand Challenges Initiative. Please contact SFPE Foundation Director Leslie Marshall (email@example.com) to discuss.