This guide provides:
- Qualified practitioners a means to select and use fire risk assessment methodologies in the design and assessment of fire safety
- A means for project stakeholders to address fire risk acceptability
- Info on the role of fire risk assessment in the fire safety design process
- Identification of the role of fire risk assessment in the spectrum of risk management
- A recommended process for the use of risk assessment methodologies
- References to available detailed sources of data on risk assessment methodologies, procedures, and data sources
This guide does not provide specific fire risk assessment methodologies or tools, nor does it provide specific data or acceptability thresholds for use in the risk assessment process.