Welcome to the SFPE Store, your destination for a wide variety of products and resources to help you advance your career.
Purchasing through the online store is easy! You can:
- View and purchase items through secure credit card transactions.
- Search the online store for a particular item. (If you don't find what you're looking for, please contact us.)
- Need a gift for yourself or a great gift for your friends, SFPE? You will find unique SFPE merchandise either in our main store or Cafepress whether it's a t-shirt, sweatshirt, blanket, drinkware, stickers, and much more. NEW: SFPE business wear, shop here!
- Select item attributes (like size and color, when applicable).
- Designate where you'd like your order delivered – home, work or wherever you choose!
And, if you are an academic instructor and needing to purchase any of the SFPE Engineering Guides or Standards for your students, we will provide those to you at only $25/copy. This does not include the guides for Engineering Guide: Fire Safety for Very Tall Buildings or the SFPE Engineering Guide: Performance-Based Fire Protection, Second Edition, as these guides we have to special order. To be eligible for sale at this discounted rate, the guide(s) must be identified as a required or recommended reading in an academic course that is relevant to fire protection engineering. SFPE Engineering Guides or Standards sold at this discounted rate must be intended solely for use by students at the academic institution. Orders for SFPE Engineering Guides or Standards sold at the discounted price will only be accepted from university faculty, staff, or the university bookstore. ORDERS FROM INDIVIDUAL STUDENTS FOR GUIDES AT THE DISCOUNTED PRICE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The order must identify the course in which the guide(s) would be used and the number of copies requested. A single order should be placed that satisfies the needs of an entire class. Contact SFPE at email@example.com to place an academic order.
To view and register for SFPE events or training, visit the Education & Events Section.
SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection
*This book must be purchased directly from Springer and cannot be purchased from the SFPE online store. SFPE members receive special discount pricing of $299 for the eBook and $299 for the Hardcover. To receive the member discount price, click here to reveal the member-only discount code then go to the Springer website to order the book. When you go to checkout, enter the member discount code where it says “Got a Springer Coupon/Token? Enter code here:” and the discount will be applied.
Additionally, all inquiries about bulk orders, ebook use, or problems purchasing the book must be directed to Springer Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Springer website. We regret that SFPE staff are unable to resolve these issues, as Springer is handling all aspects of order fulfillment for this product.
The definitive reference on fire protection engineering, now expanded to three volumes and available in electronic format for the first time. The index, available as a complimentary appendix, can be downloaded here [PDF] or you may request a complimentary print copy by emailing email@example.com.
Revised and significantly expanded, the fifth edition of this classic work offers both new and substantially updated information. This book provides thorough treatment of the current best practices in fire protection engineering and performance‐based fire safety. Over 130 eminent fire engineers and researchers contributed chapters to the book, representing universities and professional organizations around the world. It remains the indispensable source for reliable coverage of fire safety engineering fundamentals, fire dynamics, hazard calculations, fire risk analysis, modeling and more.
With seventeen new chapters and over 1,800 figures, this new edition contains:
- Comprehensive revision of the coverage of human behavior in fire, including several new chapters on egress system design, occupant evacuation scenarios, combustion toxicity, and data for human behavior analysis
- Revised fundamental chapters for a stronger sense of context
- Added chapters on fire protection system selection and design, including selection of fire safety systems, system activation and controls, and CO2 extinguishing systems.
- Recent advances in fire resistance design
- Addition of new chapters on industrial fire protection, including vapor clouds, effects of thermal radiation on people, BLEVEs, dust explosions and gas and vapor explosions.
- New chapters on fire load density, curtain walls, wildland fires, and vehicle tunnels
- Essential reference appendices on conversion factors, thermophysical property data, fuel properties and combustion data, configuration factors, and piping properties
To purchase this product, please visit the Springer website. Pricing for the US and Canada is as follows:
Member price: $299.00 USD
Non-member price: $1199.00 USD
Member price: $299.00 USD
Non-member price: $959.00 USD
Springer charges USD for US/Canada, and Euros everywhere else. The estimated member price in Euro for 2015 is $274, but please check the Springer site for current rate if purchasing in other than USD.